There are many treatments available to ‘fix’, enhance or reshape eyebrows – however, Microblading is taking the industry by storm as the TOP, most natural-looking treatment, but what exactly is Microblading?
It’s a form of tattoo
Microblading is a semi-permeant tattoo treatment which uses individually drawn hair strokes to create natural (yet full) looking brows. Although it’s not as deep as a regular tattoo using a machine, it is still classed as a ‘tattoo’ as pigment is implanted under the skins surface.
We make it as comfortable as possible
The sensation of Microblading has been compared to having a small paper-cut; to minimize this, the area is numbed using a topical cream. Our lovely Microblading Technician, Michaela, will then begin the treatment by precisely measuring the structure and frame of the face to determine the ideal eyebrow shape. Using a brow pencil, she will sketch out the new brows.
It’s bespoke to YOU
A brow pigment is then mixed, completely bespoke to the correct hair shade to ensure it complements both the skin and tone.
Unlike traditional tattooing using a machine, Michaela uses a hand-piece complete with a nanoblade which is dipped into the pigment and then glided gently across the skin to create the ‘hair’ illusion. Each stroke is very thin and precise, making the overall look completely natural.
Everyone is suitable!
Whether you have naturally sparse brows, suffer from thinning hair or alopecia, or simply want a defined look to save you the hassle of filling in your brows, Microblading is suitable for everyone.
However, we cannot treat you if:
- You are under 18
- You have diabetes
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have glaucoma or taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin, warfarin)
- You have skin diseases affecting the brow area such as psoriasis or eczema
- You have transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- You have a haemophilia
- You have healing disorders or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You are on any skin medication such as Accutane or steroids
- You have active skin cancer
- You undergoing radiotherapy or chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- You have epilepsy
- You have a pacemaker or major heart problems
- You had Botox in the past one month
It takes time
The treatment itself takes around 2 hours to complete from start to finish. We then ask that you return to the clinic 4 weeks after for a top-up in any areas that may require a few more strokes.
Results last up to 3 years
Results can last anywhere from 12 months to 3 years depending on your skin type. A top up is advised between 12 & 18 months to keep your brows fresh and full.
For more information or to book a complimentary consultation, click here and we’ll be in touch
By HC MedSpa
1st February 2019